Links remain one of the most important ranking factors used by Google and other search engines.
Search engines discover new content through links – and that’s also, in part, how they judge the quality of that content.
Good links are like votes; these are testimonials to the value of the content, and Google considers a healthy link profile a good sign.
On the other hand, over time, Google has improved its ability to detect unnatural link patterns.
The search engine is much better at determining what kinds of links are — and aren’t — useful to users.
This means that old linking strategies (like comment spamming, using PBNs, and posting to forums) no longer work (or as well as they used to).
Link building is a term describing how marketers and SEO professionals acquire links to their content.
The hope is that these links drive more people to the content and also help improve search engine rankings.
For links to help your SEO, these links must be
- High quality.
Links should relate to the content at hand; with good anchor text, which is helpful for search engines to understand the context of links.
We created these guides to help make your link building and SEO efforts a little easier.
These ebooks are designed to cover all aspects of today’s link building world, including how to use content to get links, build good relationships with other sites, and useful link building checklists.
These comprehensive guides will show you why, when, and how you should perform each link building technique to get the results you need to grow your business.
Link Building Guide: How to Acquire and Earn Links That Boost Your SEO
These guides will teach you effective link building strategies and how to do them right.
Some topics covered include:
- What to do before link building: How to make sure your website is in top shape before moving on to getting links from other sites.
- Creation of broken links and recovery of links: Find and recover lost and broken links to your site, or find unlinked mentions and generate new inbound links.
- Social engineering for link building: How to use controversy, bait the ego, and help others attract connections.
- Data-Driven Link Building: How to use information and research to generate quality backlinks.
- Creating link-worthy content: Use visual, interactive and engaging content to earn links.
- What bonding tactics to avoid: Which bad links can get you penalized by Google, and which linking tactics are dangerous or ineffective.
These ebooks aim to earn high quality links with a fully integrated marketing strategy.
Link building is about quality, diversity and relationship building.
Creating a good website with good content is just the first step.
In these guides, you will learn how to reach out and use different link building techniques to improve the reach of your content and site.
What is link building?
Link building is the process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to your website.
For search engine optimization, the goal of link building is to increase the amount of high-quality inbound links to a web page in order to increase rankings.
Why is link building important?
Link building is important because links are one of the main search engine ranking factors.
Search engines like Google look at the amount of high quality inbound links to a web page as they crawl.
The higher the quality of a web page’s links, the better its ranking will be.